Association for computers and the humanities
We are pleased to announce this Call for Proposals for ACH 2019, to be
held in Pittsburgh, PA, July 23-26. The conference will be hosted by
Carnegie Mellon University, Duquesne University, and the University of
CFP details:http://ach2019.ach.org/cfp/cfp-call-for-participation-en/ (with options for access in Spanish and French)
Deadline for the CFP: Nov. 10, 2018
Submission site: https://www.conftool.org/ach2019/
Please note the “Suggested Proposal Types and Duration” details as well.
Areas of engagement for the proposals include but are not limited to:
- Computational and digital approaches to research and pedagogy;
- Digital media, art, literature, history, music, film, and games;
- Digital librarianship;
- Digital humanities tools and infrastructures;
- Humanistic research on digital objects and cultures;
- Knowledge infrastructures;
- Physical computing;
- Resource creation, curation, and engagement;
- Use of digital technologies to write, publish, and review scholarship.
ACH recognizes that this work is inherently and inextricably
sociopolitical, and thus additionally, but not exclusively, welcomes
scholarship that emphasizes social justice through the use of computers
and related technologies in the study of humanistic subjects.
We hope you’ll consider submitting a proposal to ACH’s first conference!
For questions and concerns about the CFP, conference program, submissions, Code of Conduct, or accessibility, please contact the program committee co-chairs: Roopika Risam (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Patrick Juola (email@example.com).
ACH Program Committee and ACH Steering Committee